Hair transplantation (Follicular Unit Extraction) method is performed under local anesthesia. Hair follicles in the nape area between two ears are extracted one by one with the help of a micro-motor, and hair transplantation is performed on the determined hairless areas, taking into account the growth direction and the angle of hair growth.
In hair transplantation, hair follicles are extracted from the nape area with the help of a 0.7-1 mm micro-motor tip and transplanted in the sparse area. There is no need for stitches in hair transplantation which was applied with FUE method.
FUE hair transplantation technique is also preferred frequently because it is one of the most comfortable hair transplantation techniques for the patient. The period of the hair transplantation varies between 4 and 8 hours depending on the width of the balding area.
One of the most important issues to be considered in hair transplantation is that it is performed in hospitals and operating rooms. Since hair transplantation with the FUE technique is performed under local anesthesia, it is a painless procedure. The person who has hair transplantation can continue his work or social life on the same day.
Why Is Hair Transplantation with FUE Technique Preferred?
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) technique is a method of hair transplantation based on transferring the grafts, containing the hair follicles taken one by one from the nape of the person, to the hairless areas. With this method, grafts which are taken from the chest and under-chin area of the body can also be transferred.
1- The FUE technique in hair transplantation is a comfortable method for both the patient and the physician.
2- The operation period of hair transplantation is shorter and more comfortable than the FUT technique method, which is an older method.
3- In the hair transplantation with FUE technique, no incision is made, there is no obvious scar.
4- Since there are no stitches in hair transplantation, the dressing period is very short, the patient can continue his social life on the same day.
5- FUE technique is a technique that can be applied more than once.
6- It is possible to cover the balding area in the first session of hair transplantation with FUE method, but a second session may be required for patients with a large hairless area.
- Use the medicines given to you regularly as described after hair transplantation.
- After the operation, the bandage applied to the donor area (where the hair follicles are extracted) is removed the next day.
- Be careful not to hit your head accidentally as there is numbness on the head after the operation. Be careful especially when getting in or out of the vehicle.
- Lie on your back for 1 week after the operation, be careful not to lie on the right or left. The transplantation area should not touch any place (U-shaped travel pillows can be preferred as they will provide you convenience and comfort while lying down).
- For one week after the operation, sexual abstinence should be applied.
- For 1 month after the operation, avoid places such as pool, sea, hammam, sauna and solarium and avoid staying in the sun for a long time.
- Such behaviors as touching or itching the transplant and donor area should be avoided since it may lead to acne and infection.
- From the 5th day after the operation, the hairdryer can be used at a low setting blowing cold air.
- Sports should not be done for 1 month after the operation.
- Heavy sports such as football, boxing, kickboxing that will damage the hair transplantation area should be avoided for 45 days after the operation.
- Avoid scratching, hitting and hard blows on the transplantation area.
- After the operation, especially during the period of medication and for a total of 15 days, do not drink alcohol and reduce smoking.
- You can start wearing large hats 3 days after the operation at the earliest.
- After the hair transplant, the first shaving should be done 3 months later by using only scissors for the transplant and donor area. If desired, the machine can be used from the 6th month.
- You can dye your hair at least 6 months after the operation.
- You can start using hair styling products such as spray and gel at least 6 months after the hair transplant operation.
How to wash your hair will be described and applied by us on the 2nd day after the hair transplantation. First, shake the PANTHENOL spray. Then spray the product on the hair transplantation area. Make sure that the foam covers the entire hair transplantation area.
Leave the foam on your head for 1 hour to soften the scabs and clots in the area where hair transplantation is performed.
Do not apply it to the donor area. Then rinse it thoroughly with warm, non-pressurized water. Afterwards, foam the shampoo in your hand, apply it to both the donor and hair transplantation area by pressing it gently without rubbing it and rinse with warm water.
After rinsing, dry it with a paper towel by pressing lightly without rubbing again. Optionally, you can use hair dryer 5 days after the hair transplantation by holding it remotely at the lowest and cold setting.
From the 7th day of washing, you can wash your hair by doing gentle massages with your fingertips.
All scabs must shed within 14 days at the latest. Stop using the spray after all the scabs have been shed.
Use the shampoo until it is finished, you can start using any other shampoo you want.